The Palo Verde National Park is one of Costa Rica’s top spots for bird watching and wildlife viewing. This protected area is located on the banks of the Rio Tempisque about two hours outside of Tamarindo. Palo Verde is a sanctuary for aquatic and migratory birds and hosts one of the largest and most diverse populations in Central America. The Palo Verde tour is a boat tour, through the gentle slow-moving birthplace of the Tempisque river. In addition to a myriad of bird species, the park is also inhabited by crocodiles, white-faced monkeys, iguanas, peccaries, armadillos, deer, monkeys, and coatis.
- $110 per person
- Please note that as of July 1st, 2019 there is a mandatory 13% Government Tax added to any total.
- Roundtrip transportation
- Bilingual guide/driver
- 2-hour boat ride where you will see a lot of wildlife
- Typical Costa Rican Lunch
- Private van with AC and Wi-Fi
- Pick up time 9:00 am – Return time 3:00 pm
What to Wear & Bring
- Tennis shoes or sandals light clothes (shorts), sun block, hat, camera (binoculars) and bug spray