1) RESERVATION DEPOSIT A 25% or 50% (depending on property) deposit must be received upon the time of reservation, the remaining balance needs to be paid 30 days prior to your arrival. (If the reservation is booked within 30 days prior to check-in, payment should be made in full)
2) CANCELLATION POLICY There are no refunds unless the range of dates specified in the contract and the total amount is recovered through another rental contract. If the property is able to be rented for the same time period at the same rate, Stay in Tamarindo will refund all payments minus a 20% administrative fee. If Stay in Tamarindo cannot re-rent the property outside of 30 days, the company keeps the full booking deposit. If the cancellation comes inside the 30 days prior to the reservation and Stay in Tamarindo cannot re-rent, the company will reserve the right to keep the full payment.
3) LATE PAYMENT POLICY In signing this contract the client agrees to make all payments by the scheduled dates listed in the Deposit/Payment Schedule above. If any payment is not received by these scheduled dates Stay in Tamarindo will charge a 1% fee per day on the outstanding balance. In the event that a scheduled payment is not completed by the due date Stay in Tamarindo reserves the right to cancel the reservation and the client forfeits any payments made.
4) SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT A $500/$1000/$2000 (depending on property) rental security deposit is required 30 days before arrival, which will be mailed back to you in the form of a check or credit card release, provided nothing is broken or missing. If something does get broken or turns up missing, the vlue of these itmes will be taken away from the security deposit.
5) DAMAGE INSURANCE Depending on your rental, you will be asked to cover a $49/$99 damage insurance which covers $1500/$3000 respectively.
6) CHECK-IN, CHECK-OUT Check-in time is 3 p.m. Check-out time is 10 a.m. If you would like to request a late check-out, please confirm in writing with the Stay in Tamarindo staff ahead of time to ensure we don't have any one-day turnovers. If we do not have a same day turnover we are more than happy to extend a late check-out, however if we do and you do not leave on time you are compromising the check in of our other guests. Any late check-out without written permission from our staff will be charged $100/hour. Unauthorized early check-ins will also be billed $100/hour, please confirm in writing with our staff beforehand if you would like to check-in early. Unless other arrangements are confirmed in writing by the Stay in Tamarindo staff, you must pick up keys at our Tamarindo office. Please contact our Guest Coordinator for directions. Failure to check in at our office will result in a $50 off-site check-in fee. Please also be sure to either include your flight information at the end of this contract or else send it by email to email@example.com so that we can be sure to coordinate a smooth check-in for you. Failure to do so can result in unnecessary complications and wait times. Our office hours are 9am-5pm. Any personaliz ed check ins after 7 PM will have a $50 - $75 late check-in fee (depending on the location of the home). Please also note that there will be an additional fee of $20/hour if the guests is more than an hour late for their coordinated check in time. Note guests with any outstanding balances overdue and/or without a signed rental contract will not be allowed to check-in. Check-in time is 3 p.m. Check-out time is 10 a.m. If you would like to request a late check-out, please confirm in writing with the Stay in Tamarindo staff ahead of time to ensure we don't have any one-day turnovers. If we do not have a same day turnover we are more than happy to extend a late check-out, however if we do and you do not leave on time you are compromising the check in of our other guests. Any late check-out without written permission from our staff will be charged $100/hour. Unauthoriz ed early check-ins will also be billed $100/hour, please confirm in writing with our staff beforehand if you would like to check-in early. Any personaliz ed check ins after 7 PM may have a $50 - $75 late check-in fee (depending on the location of the home). Please also note that there may be an additional fee of $20/hour if the guests is more than an hour late for their coordinated check in time. Note guests with any outstanding balances overdue and/or without a signed rental contract will not be allowed to check-in.There is a maximum of 23 adults allowed at . With the exception of guests registered in the original booking, outside visitors not pre-approved with Stay in Tamarindo are not allowed at any time inside the premises at Casa de Luz unless authoriz ed with written permission by the Stay in Tamarindo staff. Exceeding the number of guests indicated in this contract is grounds for eviction and loss of security deposit. In particular, prostitutes are not allowed, their relationship with the criminal elements makes them a risk to our homes. Under no circumstances are they allowed.
7) SMOKING Casa de Luz is a strictly non-smoking rental. We ask that you not smoke in the house at all. If evidence of smoking, such as the smell of cigarettes inside the home and/or cigarette burns on the furniture is noticed by the cleaning crew there will be a $500 damage assessment. Smoking is only allowed outside.
8) SLEEPING CAPACITY & DISTURBANCES Tenants and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for any of the following: A) Occupancy exceeding the rental capacity stated in this contract. B) Using the premises for any illegal activities. C) Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties. D) Occupancy and use of the premises and common areas in such a fashion that disturbs or offends other guests or residents. E) Smoking inside the house or condo. Smoking is only allowed outside. F) Any other acts which interfereres with a neighbors' right to quiet enjoyment of their property. We wish you to have an enjoyable vacation, but you must respect the rights of other guests.
9) PETS Pets are strictly not allowed unless otherwise discussed in writing with Stay in Tamarindo.
10) PERSONAL BELONGINGS We ask that the occupants take full responsibility for securing their personal belongings. Please lock your valuables whenever leaving the house. Stay in Tamarindo is not responsible for any lost or damaged personal items.
11) AC / ELECTRICITY / WATER Stay in Tamarindo is an ecologically minded business, we ask that you obey the following guidelines in regards to conserving energy: When using the air-conditioning units, please try to keep usage to a comfortable minimum. ACs must be turned off when guests leave the property. If the air conditioning is left on while guests are out of the property reserves the right to have someone on our team enter the property to turn it off. Client will be charged a $50 fine for each time Stay in Tamarindo finds the AC is left on with no one home. Also, please turn off all lights when you leave any room. During the dry season the Guanacaste province can suffer from droughts and as a consequence a shortage of water to the homes. If you are staying with us during the dry season please try to use water conscientiously to avoid running out of water.